The Jersey Shore Chapter of Surfrider Foun … The Jersey Shore Chapter of Surfrider Foundation is committed to the protection and enjoyment of the Jersey Shore's waves and beaches. Chapter volunteers:
* Implement Respect the Beach, an educational program that introduces students to how waves are formed, how beaches are built and basic beach safety and ecology.
* Employ Surfrider Foundation's Blue Water Task Force, a water quality monitoring, education and advocacy program, to educate New Jersey citizens about coastal water quality problems and to build support for national coastal water quality testing and monitoring standards.
* Address political and environmental issues that threaten New Jersey beaches and waters, including beach replenishment, ocean dumping, and public beach access.
* Strive to open and preserve surfing beaches in coastal communities all along the Jersey Shore.
* Participate in a host of community and public events, including festivals, beach sweeps and dune grass planting.
* Host and participate in surf clinics and contests, including the Chapter's annual Manasquan Classic Longboard Contest, to promote surfing to the young and young-at-heart.
The latest chapter news can be found at http://jerseyshore.surfrider.org/category/surfrider-news/. e.surfrider.org/category/surfrider-news/. +