Clean water is central to Surfrider Foundation's mission: Protection and enjoyment of the ocean, waves and beaches. Our Clean Water Initiative includes several programs and actions to reduce and eliminate ocean pollution so it is safe to surf, swim and play in the ocean. Surfrider chapters and activists are building awareness of local water pollution problems and advocating for solutions that can protect local water supplies and prevent pollution from reaching the ocean.
Chapters support the Clean Water Initiative by engaging with their communities through clean water programs: Blue Water Task Force (BWTF), Ocean Friendly Gardens (OFG) & Rise Above Plastics (RAP). They also run campaigns against projects that will cause pollution and advocate for wise management of our land and water resources.
Learn more about Surfrider's Clean Water Initiative.
Below are articles relating to Clean Water and the Clean Water Initiative.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Clean Water"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total.
- Bacteria in Sand
- Bacteria: enterococcus
- Bacteria: Fecal Indicator Bacteria
- Bacterial Pollution, Tracking the Sources
- Beach Driving
- Beach Manifesto
- Beach Water Quality Monitoring Programs in Coastal States
- Beaches Environmental Assessment and Coastal Health (BEACH) Act of 2000
- Blue Water Task Force
- Blue-Green Algae
- Cigarette Butt Litter
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Water Initiative
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund Overview
- Climate Change
- Climate Solutions in Ocean Friendly Gardens
- Coastal Act and the California Coastal Commission
- Coastal ISFSI for Nuclear Waste
- Coastal Zone Management Act
- Combined Sewer Overflows
- Communicating BWTF Results
- Composting Toilets
- Contaminated Sediments
- COVID-19 and Beach Water Quality: Updates from the Research Community
- Cruise Ship Pollution